2023 4th Oregon Surf Fishing Championship - August 26, 2023 - FORT STEVENS

PK

Admin
Bookmark this page and be sure to come back later for updated info.

DATE: Saturday, August 26, 2023
FEE: $40 (read the tournament rules before you pay)
START TIME: 7:00 AM
END TIME: 1:00 PM
AWARD CEREMONY: 1:30 PM
RANKING FORMAT: cumulative length of 5 biggest fish (9 inch minimum size limit)
🟩🟦🟪 REGISTRATION: closed.
🟫🟨🟥 TOURNAMENT RULES: click here.

PRIZE STRUCTURE
1st Place:
$500
2nd Place: $400
3rd Place: $300
Biggest Fish: $150

Raffle Drawings:
➖ Daiwa Accudepth 27LCBL Line Counter Reel (Left Hand)
➖ Shimano Sedona 4000 spinning reel
➖ 10 ft Alon Surf Rod - 2 oz rating
➖ 10 ft Cabela's Tourney Trail IM8 Salmon Rod - 2 oz rating
➖ 10 ft Santiam Surf Rod - 3 oz rating (Donated by Jay Kendrick from Santiam Fishing Rods)

If you have any questions, reply to this thread.

OUR SPONSOR
santiam - rods.jpg

fishernomics.JPG

OTHER INFO
You are allowed to drive onto the beach. But be aware that some spots may have soft sand which can get your vehicle stuck. The meeting/staging area is highlighted on the map in this attachment. Weather on the Oregon coast is unpredictable and changes quickly, so be prepared.

Tournament Summary
8/30. The tournament has ended and I want to say that I had a great time meeting everyone. We had about 24 people participated. I updated the pictures to this thread, so be sure to check htem out below. Many people caught fish and many people walked away with prizes. Congratulations to all of the winners - You guys did great! I couldn’t believe how great the weather was all day. The swells were calm and the wind was non-existent. It was just the perfect day on the Oregon coast. I am already planning the 5th Championship in 2024, and I hope that we will have a bigger turnout next summer. Thank you again for coming to my tournament. Remember to stay safe, have fun fishing, and TIGHT LINES!
Result-2023-August-26-4th-surf-fishing-championship.jpg
winners.jpg
surf-fishing-tournament-Oregon-2023-august-26.jpg
surf-fishing-tournament-Oregon-2023-august-26-biggest-fish.jpg
surf-fishing-tournament-Oregon-2023-august-26-a.jpg

map - site map.jpg

Last edited:

Rod Buster

PK, concerning rule #24 for the Aug tourny, #24 "This tournament requires a video of you catching your fish." How is this done when I am by myself and do not have specific camera, gopro or smart phone? Does this mean I am not allowed to participate? Thanks for your consideration. Ed Q aka Rod Buster

PK

Admin
PK, concerning rule #24 for the Aug tourny, #24 "This tournament requires a video of you catching your fish." How is this done when I am by myself and do not have specific camera, gopro or smart phone? Does this mean I am not allowed to participate? Thanks for your consideration. Ed Q aka Rod Buster

Oh, sorry about that. I copied and paste the rule for the online tournament to the in-person tournament. I just removed rule #24.

Thank you for catching that. This tourney in August is an in-person tournament, so no video is required. Just bring your 5 biggest fish to the weigh station and we'll measure them.

PK.

Rod Buster

Oh, sorry about that. I copied and paste the rule for the online tournament to the in-person tournament. I just removed rule #24.

Thank you for catching that. This tourney in August is an in-person tournament, so no video is required. Just bring your 5 biggest fish to the weigh station and we'll measure them.

PK.
Thanks for the quick reply! I am registered and very excited to fish my first tourny!

Reactions: PK

wilderbilly

Thursday, August 24 around 5 PM.
Hey PK me and my girlfriend have been surf fishing the last 2 months because of your videos... I know the registration closed yesterday but was wondering if there is a way to still register at the event. If not it's okay.